Myocarditis is when the wall of the heart muscle becomes inflamed, usually due to a viral infection. A severe case can keep your heart from working as it should.
Myocarditis has many causes:
- Viruses: Some of these viruses include common colds, including Influenza or Coronavirus.
- Bacteria: Some of these infections include “staph infections,” “strep infections,” and Lyme disease.
- Parasites: Some of these include those found in cat poop and insect bites.
- Fungus: Some of these infections include molds, yeast, and fungi.
- Allergies: These may be reactions to medications or recreational drugs.
- Chemicals: This includes reactions to things like radiation, radiotherapy, or other chemicals.