Myocarditis is when the wall of the heart muscle becomes inflamed and white blood cells to attack the normal heart medicine. This can keep your heart from working as it should.
Myocarditis has many causes:
- Viruses: Some of these viruses include common colds including Influenzae or Coronavirus.
- Bacteria: Some of these infections include “staph infections,” “strep infections,” and Lyme disease.
- Parasites: Some of these include those found in cat poop and insect bites.
- Fungus: Some of these infections include molds, yeast and fungi.
- Allergies: These may be reactions to medications or recreational drugs.
- Chemicals: This includes reactions to things like radiation, radiotherapy or other chemicals.